The course is designed for those who want to use Microsoft Office PowerPoint to prepare presentations. You will learn how to enhance your presentations by using features that will transform it into a dynamic and visually engaging presentation.
- Customize the PowerPoint environment
- Create a design template
- Add SmartArt graphics and special effects to a presentation
- Smart guides to line up graphics
- Presenter View
- Video formats that are supported
- How to set up a custom slide show
OneNote is a digital notebook that provides a single place for all of your notes and information including graphics, audio and video clips -- everything you need to remember and manage in your life at work. In OneNote, your notebooks never run out of paper. They're easy to reorganize, print and share, and they have a fast search feature so you can recall anything instantly. It integrates with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project.
- Creating a New Notebook
- Structuring your Notebook
- Adding Content
- Insert Files, Images, etc.
- Plus More
FormAssembly is a great tool to use to create forms that make data collection easy, and is available to UM-Flint faculty and staff.
- Create a form
- Add different types of questions
- Form sections
- Modify form options
- Publish forms
- Review form responses
You can record a macro in Excel & Word to automate repetitive tasks so that you can do the task again in a single click. A macro is an action or set of actions that you can run as many times as you want. When you create a macro, you are actually recording your mouse clicks and keystrokes. In this workshop we will create & run basic macros.
SmartArt graphics are visual representations of information used in PowerPoint, Word & Excel. They help you illustrate processes and make points in a powerful visual way instead of using text. There are more than 80 layouts offered by SmartArt graphics to use in your presentations, documents and spreadsheets.
- Create SmartArt graphics based on existing text
- Create SmartArt from scratch
- Edit the look and layout of SmartArt graphics to fit your content
Lynda.com is available to all faculty & staff. This is an online learning company offering thousands of video courses in software, creative and business skills.Instructions To Set Up Your Account:
- Go to www.lynda.com
- Click Login
- Log in through your organization or school and enter www.umich.edu
- Authenticate using your Ann Arbor credentials at the Cosign weblogin
- Verify your information and click confirm
- 1st time user click No, I’ve never had an account
- Verify name and enter your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)