SmartArt graphics are visual representations of information used in PowerPoint, Word & Excel. They help you illustrate processes and make points in a powerful visual way instead of using text. There are more than 80 layouts offered by SmartArt graphics to use in your presentations, documents and spreadsheets.
- Create SmartArt graphics based on existing text
- Create SmartArt from scratch
- Edit the look and layout of SmartArt graphics to fit your content
You can record a macro in Excel & Word to automate repetitive tasks so that you can do the task again in a single click. A macro is an action or set of actions that you can run as many times as you want. When you create a macro, you are actually recording your mouse clicks and keystrokes. In this workshop we will create & run basic macros, and learn how to edit them.
Sway is a free app from Microsoft Office and is a PowerPoint alternative. It is a digital storytelling app for work, school and home that makes it quick and easy to create and share interactive reports and projects, beautiful presentations, newsletters, tell your personal stories, and more. Simply add your content, and Sway does the rest. It’s easy to add text and your images.
This course is designed for those who want to work with Lists & Tables in a Word document to improve readability and make the document visually appealing, and makes the information more accessible.
- Create, sort, renumber, and customize a numbered & bulleted list
- Create a table
- Sort table data
- Control Cell Layout
- Perform calculations in the table
This course is designed for those who want to know how to use Microsoft Outlook to manage their time and information in email.
- Explore and navigate the Outlook interface
- Customize the interface
- Perform basic email functions
- Organize email messages with folders
- Manage your calendar
- Create and manage contacts
- Add and manage Tasks & Notes
Lynda.com is available to all faculty & staff. This is an online learning company offering thousands of video courses in software, creative and business skills.Instructions To Set Up Your Account:
- Go to www.lynda.com
- Click Login
- Log in through your organization or school and enter www.umich.edu
- Authenticate using your Ann Arbor credentials at the Cosign weblogin
- Verify your information and click confirm
- 1st time user click No, I’ve never had an account
- Verify name and enter your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)