You can record a macro in Excel & Word to automate repetitive tasks so that you can do the task again in a single click. A macro is an action or set of actions that you can run as many times as you want. When you create a macro, you are actually recording your mouse clicks and keystrokes. In this workshop we will create & run basic macros.
Sway is a free app from Microsoft Office and is a PowerPoint alternative. It is a digital storytelling app for work, school and home that makes it quick and easy to create and share interactive reports and projects, beautiful presentations, newsletters, tell your personal stories, and more. Simply add your content, and Sway does the rest. It’s easy to add text and your images.
SmartArt graphics are visual representations of information used in PowerPoint, Word & Excel. They help you illustrate processes and make points in a powerful visual way instead of using text. There are more than 80 layouts offered by SmartArt graphics to use in your presentations, documents and spreadsheets.
- Create SmartArt graphics based on existing text
- Create SmartArt from scratch
- Edit the look and layout of SmartArt graphics to fit your content
This workshop is designed for those who need to number crunch and analyze large lists if data quickly without needing to write complex formulas or use lengthy techniques. The PivotTable feature is one of Excel's most dynamic and powerful analytical tool that also lets you quickly change the data interrelationships you are viewing. You will be amazed to learn how easy it is to use.
- Create a PivotTable report
- Use Slicers to extend the filtering capabilities of PivotTables
- Create a PivotChart that is in sync with a PivotTable
This workshop will take you step-by-step through the Mail Merge feature. The feature produces multiple documents from a master document and a data source. You can use mail merge in Word to create a variety of customized documents, including letters, email messages, envelopes, or even labels.
- Create/Open the main document for the mail merge
- Create/Open the source data for the mail merge
- Insert the merge field codes
- Perform the mail merge
Lynda.com is available to all faculty & staff. This is an online learning company offering thousands of video courses in software, creative and business skills.Instructions To Set Up Your Account:
- Go to www.lynda.com
- Click Login
- Log in through your organization or school and enter www.umich.edu
- Authenticate using your Ann Arbor credentials at the Cosign weblogin
- Verify your information and click confirm
- 1st time user click No, I’ve never had an account
- Verify name and enter your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)