This course is designed for those who want to work with Lists & Tables in a Word document to improve readability and make the document visually appealing, and makes the information more accessible.
- Create, sort, renumber, and customize a numbered & bulleted list
- Create a table
- Sort table data
- Control Cell Layout
- Perform calculations in the table
This course is designed for those who want to achieve the necessary skills to create, edit, format and print Microsoft Excel worksheets.
- Create a worksheet
- Perform simple calculations
- Modify a worksheet
- Change the appearance of data within a worksheet
- Manage Excel workbooks
- Print the contents of a worksheet
OneNote is a digital notebook that provides a single place for all of your notes and information including graphics, audio and video clips -- everything you need to remember and manage in your life at work. In OneNote, your notebooks never run out of paper. They're easy to reorganize, print and share, and they have a fast search feature so you can recall anything instantly. It integrates with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project.
- Creating a New Notebook
- Structuring your Notebook
- Adding Content
- Insert Files, Images, etc.
- Plus More
This workshop will take you step-by-step through the Mail Merge feature. The feature produces multiple documents from a master document and a data source. You can use mail merge in Word to create a variety of customized documents, including letters, email messages, envelopes, or even labels.
- Create/Open the main document for the mail merge
- Create/Open the source data for the mail merge
- Insert the merge field codes
- Perform the mail merge
You can record a macro in Excel & Word to automate repetitive tasks so that you can do the task again in a single click. A macro is an action or set of actions that you can run as many times as you want. When you create a macro, you are actually recording your mouse clicks and keystrokes. In this workshop we will create & run basic macros.
Lynda.com is available to all faculty & staff. This is an online learning company offering thousands of video courses in software, creative and business skills.Instructions To Set Up Your Account:
- Go to www.lynda.com
- Click Login
- Log in through your organization or school and enter www.umich.edu
- Authenticate using your Ann Arbor credentials at the Cosign weblogin
- Verify your information and click confirm
- 1st time user click No, I’ve never had an account
- Verify name and enter your email address (email@example.com)