Microsoft Office 2013/2016 - Open Sessions are a great resource for your questions to get answered! There is no need to register, and you are welcome to drop in at any time during a session with any of your Office questions. All Open Sessions held in 431 French Hall (FH)
- Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 2:00pm - 4:00pm 431 French Hall (FH)
- Monday, August 21st, 2017 2:00pm - 4:00pm 431 French Hall (FH)
- Friday, September 22nd, 2017 2:00pm - 4:00pm 431 French Hall (FH)
- Monday, October 23rd, 2017 2:00pm - 4:00pm 431 French Hall (FH)
- Tuesday, November 7th, 2017 2:00pm - 4:00pm 431 French Hall (FH)
- Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 2:00pm - 4:00pm 431 French Hall (FH)
This workshop will take you step-by-step through the Mail Merge feature. The feature produces multiple documents from a master document and a data source. You can use mail merge in Word to create a variety of customized documents, including letters, email messages, envelopes, or even labels.
- Create/Open the main document for the mail merge
- Create/Open the source data for the mail merge
- Insert the merge field codes
- Perform the mail merge
FormAssembly is a great tool to use to create forms that make data collection easy, and is available to UM-Flint faculty and staff.
- Create a form
- Add different types of questions
- Form sections
- Modify form options
- Publish forms
- Review form responses
This workshop is designed for those who need to number crunch and analyze large lists if data quickly without needing to write complex formulas or use lengthy techniques. The PivotTable feature is one of Excel's most dynamic and powerful analytical tool that also lets you quickly change the data interrelationships you are viewing. You will be amazed to learn how easy it is to use.
- Create a PivotTable report
- Use Slicers to extend the filtering capabilities of PivotTables
- Create a PivotChart that is in sync with a PivotTable
You can record a macro in Excel to automate repetitive tasks so that you can do the task again in a single click. A macro is an action or set of actions that you can run as many times as you want. When you create a macro, you are actually recording your mouse clicks and keystrokes. In this workshop we will create & run basic macros, and learn how to edit them.
Lynda.com is available to all faculty & staff. This is an online learning company offering thousands of video courses in software, creative and business skills.Instructions To Set Up Your Account:
- Go to www.lynda.com
- Click Login
- Log in through your organization or school and enter www.umich.edu
- Authenticate using your Ann Arbor credentials at the Cosign weblogin
- Verify your information and click confirm
- 1st time user click No, I’ve never had an account
- Verify name and enter your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)