SmartArt graphics are visual representations of information used in PowerPoint, Word & Excel. They help you illustrate processes and make points in a powerful visual way instead of using text. There are more than 80 layouts offered by SmartArt graphics to use in your presentations, documents and spreadsheets.
- Create SmartArt graphics based on existing text
- Create SmartArt from scratch
- Edit the look and layout of SmartArt graphics to fit your content
Microsoft Office 2013 - Open Sessions are a great resource for your questions to get answered! There is no need to register, and you are welcome to drop in at any time during a session with any of your Office questions.
Thursday, Sept. 11th, 2014 9:30 am- 11:30 am 431 French Hall (FH)
Tuesday, Sept. 16th, 2014 9:30 am - 11:30 am 431 French Hall (FH)
Wednesday, Oct. 1st, 2014 9:30 am - 11:30 am 431 French Hall (FH)
Tuesday, Oct. 7th, 2014 9:30 am - 11:30 am 431 French Hall (FH)
Wednesday, Oct. 22nd, 2014 9:30 am - 11:30 am 431 French Hall (FH)
Friday, Oct. 31st, 2014 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm 507 Murchie Science (MSB)
Monday, Nov. 10th, 2014 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm 431 French Hall (FH)
Monday, Dec. 1st, 2014 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm 431 French Hall (FH)
This course is designed for those who want to learn the fundamentals needed to create and modify basic presentations using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013.
- Explore and identify the components of the PowerPoint 2013 interface
- Create a presentation
- Format text on slides
- Add and modify graphical objects
- Eyedropper color selection
- Work with tables in your presentation
- Add charts
- Delivering a presentation
This course is designed for those who can create and modify documents in Microsoft Word 2013, but need to be able to create or modify more complex documents and customize Word.
- Manage lists
- Create charts
- Customize tables
- Modify pictures
- Create graphic elements: WordArt, SmartArt, text boxes & shapes
- Control text flow
- Mail Merge
This workshop will take you step-by-step through the Mail Merge feature. The feature produces multiple documents from a master document and a data source. You can use mail merge in Word to create a variety of customized documents, including letters, email messages, envelopes, or even labels.
- Create/Open the main document for the mail merge
- Create/Open the source data for the mail merge
- Insert the merge field codes
- Perform the mail merge